Point Rock Solutions is small fast paced company where talent and teamwork are the keys to its success. At Point Rock we are proud of our strong family culture throughout the organization and we know that our employees’ success equates to Point Rocks’ success. Everyone is encouraged to reach their potential and is given opportunities for advancement. It is a place where your management team and colleagues respect and care about you and each other. We value our employees and offer benefits enhancing your time, pay, health, career, and interests.
The Technical Writer will support development of technical documentation of multiple integrated system suites supporting surveillance and security using external system sensors. Documentation will include policies, procedures, system design documents, manuals, guides and training information to allow system operators and maintainers to effectively operate and sustain the system.
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering related field, communications or English
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the DoD. USMC experience a plus.
· Strong skills in Word 2007 or later
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Experience compiling technical documentation, such as user manuals, installation guides, software documentation, design documents and training guides.
· Good interpersonal working skills in a team development environment with the ability to work independently as well
· Experience with interacting with software engineers and management personnel to identify documentation needs.
Job Location: Quantico, VA
The primary responsibility for this role will be the development of documentation for an integrated system supporting surveillance and security. Documentation tasks will come in the form of system design documents, configuration drawings, operator’s guides, maintenance and training manuals and system administrator manuals. Develop and maintain a documentation plan to update, replace or acquire outdated and or missing documents required to sustain the baseline.
· Support development of documentation for integrated system suites supporting surveillance and security.
· Develop system design documents, configuration drawings, operator’s guides, maintenance and training manuals and system administrator manuals.
· Develop and maintain a documentation plan to update, replace or acquire outdated and or missing documents required to sustain the software baseline.
· Work with development, quality assurance, integration and management staff to clarify, edit, coordinate inputs, and compile a solid documentation set for operation and maintenance of an integrated system.
· Disseminate highly technical data and information in simplistic language for end users of complex systems and projects.
· Research, analyze, and convert data into a written narrative.
· Review and revise existing documentation to ensure meets evolving requirements.
· Establish and enforce the use of standard formats & styles for technical documentation.
· Work under the direction of the Engineering Group Director and Project Manager.
· Work as part of a fast-paced team.
Back to Careers