Point Rock Solutions is small fast paced company where talent and teamwork are the keys to its success. At Point Rock we are proud of our strong family culture throughout the organization and we know that our employees’ success equates to Point Rocks’ success. Everyone is encouraged to reach their potential and is given opportunities for advancement. It is a place where your management team and colleagues respect and care about you and each other. We value our employees and offer benefits enhancing your time, pay, health, career, and interests.
Location: DC Metropolitan Area
Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance with CI Poly
Must be capable of managing the development of database projects. Must be able to plan and budget staff and data resources. Supports application developers in planning preparation, load analysis, and backup and recovery of data. When necessary, reallocates resources to maximize benefits. Must be able to prepare and deliver presentations on DBMS concepts. Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff. Monitors performance and evaluates areas to improve efficiency. Experienced with proven expertise taking project from concept to initial release and working as lead developer on a small team.
· BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline
· Must possess 3 years of equivalent experience in a related field.
· A Master’s Degree is preferred. A Master’s Degree in one of the above disciplines equals one year specialized and two years’ general experience.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the development and maintenance of database systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Conduct database design and maintenance. Databases will be in Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server, or other similar product.
· Maintain and potentially modify production database(s) which track production of products and allow for review and analysis of production metrics. Reviews and analyzes production metrics.
· Design, administer, and evaluate survey instruments designed to measure key aspects of Offices' performance. Produces reports as a result of this performance measurement.
· Apply qualitative research methods to gain in-depth understanding of the requirements of internal and external customers and their utilization of products. Produces reports analyzing this activity.
· Data-mine and analyze open source information in support of taskings.
· Design, implement, and maintain user interfaces for databases, differentiating by users' supported customers and/or assigned offices/branches.
· Conduct statistical analysis to determine the relationship between customer acceptance of products and the demographic, linguistic, and other characteristics of the customer. Produces reports outlining these customer characteristics.
· Track products to ensure they meet Offices' production goals.
· Be responsible for identifying, collecting, and analyzing key performance indicators and producing customer reports on the overall health of production for internal and external customers.
· Maintain and potentially modify SharePoint portals.
· Produce metrics, metrics analysis, and related reports as a result of above tasks.
· Brief products produced in the above tasks at meetings, workshops, or other community venues for the purposes of intelligence sharing and best practices.
Back to Careers