Point Rock is seeking a qualified VTC Engineer with experience evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing upgrading, and managing audio-visual and video teleconferencing systems.
Perform as a senior video teleconferencing architect and engineer with minimal oversite to help implement solutions for the DoD. Design, implement, and support Enterprise-wide VTC infrastructure and associated hardware and software, including legacy MCU and room based equipment, such as Tandberg, Acano, Cisco, Polycom, Call Managers and ISDN gateways. Work on all phases of solutions from analysis and design through implementation and support. Develop and extend expertise in specialized VTC hardware and software systems, SIP protocols, and standard Internet building blocks, including Internet routing, Internet naming, and security.
- Extensive experience required to actively interface, engage, promote discussion, and provide recommended solutions to customers related to a vast variety of multimedia, audiovisual, digital signage, audio teleconferencing, as well as secure and non-secure video teleconferencing systems.
- Comprehensive expertise required to develop facility plans, elevations, systems engineering plans, and system block diagrams needed to support concepts and develop unique solutions. Comfortable working directly with architects and engineers to support and review statements of work, construction documents, and installation design plans required to support systems being integrated.
- Successful performance of numerous mockup testing, pre-installation tests, installations, technical refreshes, and numerous systems operation and verification tests required to obtain government acceptance.
Interested candidates should have working knowledge of:
- Compression/Decompression digital video technologies
- Cisco networking (routing and switching)
- Working knowledge of DoD VoIP and VoSIP technologies
- Physical & Virtual Server technologies and platforms
- Knowledgeable in Audio and Video distribution
- Proficiency in conference scheduling software such as (COT’s i.e. TMS for MSE ACES, Forum, RMX, MS Outlook)
- Proficiency in operation and maintenance of cryptographic devices (KIV-7M, KG-175D) and Simple Key Loaders (SKL)
- Understanding of LDAP, DNS, Microsoft AD and PKI
- Familiarity of Risk Management Framework process, and IAVA patching
Services provided shall be in compliance with all site local and DOD Navy governing policies, DOD UCR 2013, and UC APL.
Summary of duties/qualifications:
- Provide general troubleshooting and resolutions on VTC equipment (Crestron, AMX, secure switching)
- Performing alignment and calibration procedures to ensure AV/VTC systems are operating efficiently
- Conduct site surveys to establish AV/VTC equipment customer requirements, project lists of materials, and cost estimates
- 2+ years of experience with architecting and designing large -scale VTC solutions using technologies similar to Polycom, Cisco, Acano, Tandberg, Lync.
- 1+ years of experience with troubleshooting carrier and various connectivity issues for TDM, and IP networking fundamentals, including subnetting, router login procedures and assignment of routing protocols.
- Experience deploying and operating Cisco VCS, TMS and SIP integration.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio)
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
Years of Experience Required:
Back to Careers