Point Rock Solutions is small fast paced company where talent and teamwork are the keys to its success. At Point Rock we are proud of our strong family culture throughout the organization and we know that our employees’ success equates to Point Rocks’ success. Everyone is encouraged to reach their potential and is given opportunities for advancement. It is a place where your management team and colleagues respect and care about you and each other. We value our employees and offer benefits enhancing your time, pay, health, career, and interests.
Senior AV/VTC Engineers & AV/VTC Engineers
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 US (Primary) Job Type Full-time
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI Career Level
Professional Category IT: Administrator/Analyst/Architect/Engineer Job Summary/Responsibilities
Point Rock Solutions has an immediate need for an AV/VTC Engineer to work onsite supporting the United States Army direct reporting unit that conducts intelligence, security and information operations for U.S. Army commanders and national decision makers. This position is located at Fort Belvoir, VA. Must possess an active government security clearance. If you or anyone you know may be interested, our ideal AV/VTC Engineer candidate must possess the following:
• Provide support and services in the AV Engineering Team supporting a DoD organization with video teleconferencing services.
• Resolves system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
• Repairs, replaces, or reprograms faulty equipment, as required.
• Performs site surveys, generates Bill of Materials, leads integration, testing, and installations of new facilities (conference rooms, etc.)
• Acts as equipment custodian and performs inventory asset management and accountability functions.
• Provides life cycle refresh projections for AV/VTC infrastructure and AV equipment build out projects.
• Conducts site surveys to establish AV/VTC systems and equipment customer requirements.
• Provides on-site support primarily at main customer site location; provides occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
• Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing and upgrading, and modifying video teleconferencing equipment systems.
• Provide client consulting and training on control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
• Responsible for the generation of and compliance with customer organization and contractual recurring daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirement; nonrecurring and special reports; developing and implementing metrics capture processes and procedures, quality control and assurance processes and procedures; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail in assigned duties.
• Perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments including the use of KIV-7 encryptions keys for I8DN/IP classified connectivity.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI clearance.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Certifications: 8570 IAT Level II Compliant: Security + CE (or CCNA Security, CySA+, GISCP, GSEC, or SSCP) is highly desired (will be required within first 4 months). AMX, Crestron, or Extron control programming certifications OR INFOCOMM Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification (preferred).
Experience: 4 - 6 years current experience of performance in designing, installing, and configuring enterprise Desktop VTC deployments.
• Experience with producing BoMs, LoMs, Rack Elevations and Inventory sheets.
• Working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring and cable/fiber installation.
• Understanding of Depart of Defense (DoD) and DISA VTC requirements.
• Experience with DITSCAP/8500.2 IA controls desired.
• Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS).
• Familiar with AR 25-1 and DoD PAM 25-91.
• Working knowledge and experience configuring Tandberg/Cisco Codecs.
• Understanding of basic networking and cable termination skills.
• Experience with classified and unclassified IP video teleconferencing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.Knowledge of:
• audiovisual systems
• video teleconferencing systems
• audio Digital Signal Processors (DSPs)
• TCP/IP network routing and switching.
• Knowledge and use of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, ISDN, Firewall Traversal, SIP, H.323, relevant video standards as well as DoD Video Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) processes, familiarity with and ability to comply with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) operational guidelines.
• Working knowledge of SIP, ISM, H232, H320, H460, TLS, RTP, SRTP, TCP/IP and UDP; content control protocols, video compression standards; packet analyzers; routing protocols and networking fundamentals; Tandberg, Polycom and Cisco video and voice technologies.Desired Experience:
• Experience with any of the following programming languages is a plus: C+, C++, or C#, Visual Basic, or HTML.
• Knowledge of AMX, Crestron, or Extron control systems.
• Understanding of PKI desired.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to walk to various locations as needed.
• Ability to bend and navigate to perform assigned duties.
• Ability to travel by all forms of transportation 5% of time.
• Ability to lift light to moderate equipment as needed for job.
If you or anyone you know may be interested please submit your resume or send resumes to: Sales@PointRockSolutions.com
Point Rock Solutions is a certified 8(a), small, economically disadvantaged, woman-minority owned business located in the Northern Virginia area.
Point Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.Back to Careers