Point Rock Solutions is small fast paced company where talent and teamwork are the keys to its success. At Point Rock we are proud of our strong family culture throughout the organization and we know that our employees’ success equates to Point Rocks’ success. Everyone is encouraged to reach their potential and is given opportunities for advancement. It is a place where your management team and colleagues respect and care about you and each other. We value our employees and offer benefits enhancing your time, pay, health, career, and interests.
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Provide on-site photography services to enhance strategic communications and branding initiatives within a DoD environment. Required to shoot a variety of events, locations, and people which include, but are not limited to the following: summits, meetings, retreats, internal programs, individuals, passport photos, portraits, retirements, VIP visits, award ceremonies, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite to enhance, retouch, and resize photographs.
· Ability to select and assemble equipment and required background properties, according to subjects, materials, and conditions.
· Knowledge to test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working order.
· Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
· Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best photographic solution and solve problems.
· Knowledge to use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software,) to program, set up functions, enter data, or process information; must be familiar with use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand, and to listen to and understand information and ideas presented from customers, and to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
· Shall have Normal Color Vision with the ability to perceive, match, or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
· Consult with customers/staff and study assignments to determine project goals, locations, and equipment needs.
· Engage in research to develop new photographic procedures and materials
· Select and assemble equipment and required background properties, according to subjects, materials, and conditions.
· Test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working order.
· Perform maintenance tasks necessary to keep equipment working properly.
· Direct activities of other contractor co-workers who are setting up photographic equipment.
· Set up, mount, or install photographic equipment and cameras.
· Take photographs of individuals, families, and small groups, either in studio or on location.
· Photograph subject material to illustrate or record scientific/medical data or phenomena, using knowledge of scientific procedures and photographic technology and techniques.
· Use specialized equipment for producing photographs of microscopic items, assisting as necessary in the preparation of specimens to be photographed.
· Produce computer-readable, digital images from film, using flatbed scanners and photofinishing software.
· Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best photographic solution and solve problems.
· Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain photographic information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
· Mount, matte, frame, and laminate finished photographs.
· Develop visual aids and charts for use in lectures/presentations/training evolutions.
· Provide input to establish long-range objectives/strategies/actions to further Agency photographic work.
· Perform general office duties such as scheduling appointments and maintaining records.
· Manipulate and enhance scanned or digital images to create desired effects, using computers and specialized software.