Point Rock Solutions is small fast paced company where talent and teamwork are the keys to its success. At Point Rock we are proud of our strong family culture throughout the organization and we know that our employees’ success equates to Point Rocks’ success. Everyone is encouraged to reach their potential and is given opportunities for advancement. It is a place where your management team and colleagues respect and care about you and each other. We value our employees and offer benefits enhancing your time, pay, health, career, and interests.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Point Rock is seeking qualified VTC Engineers with experience evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing upgrading, and managing audio-visual and video teleconferencing systems.
Perform as a video teleconferencing architect and engineer to help implement solutions for the DoD. Design, implement, and support Enterprise-wide VTC infrastructure and associated hardware and software, including legacy MCU and room based equipment, such as Tandberg, Acano, Cisco, Call Managers and ISDN gateways. Work on all phases of solutions from analysis and design through implementation and support. Develop and extend expertise in specialized VTC hardware and software systems, SIP protocols, and standard Internet building blocks, including Internet routing, Internet naming, and security.
Our Leesburg office is located in a HUBZONE and we are positioning to become a HUBZONE certified business. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, APPLICANTS WHO LIVE IN A HUBZONE AREA. Go to sba.gov and enter your address to determine if your legal residence is located in a SBA HUBZONE. If you are college student you may enter student housing address.
Interested candidates should have working knowledge of:
· Compression/Decompression digital video technologies
· CISCO networking (routing and switching)
· Working knowledge of DoD VoIP and VoSIP technologies
· Physical & Virtual Server technologies and platforms
· Knowledgeable in Audio and Video distribution
· Proficiency in conference scheduling software such as (COT’s i.e. TMS for MSE ACES, Forum, RMX, MS Outlook)
· Proficiency in operation and maintenance of cryptographic devices (KIV-7M, KG-175D) and Simple Key Loaders (SKL)
Services provided shall be in compliance with all site local and DOD Navy governing policies, DOD UCR 2013, and UC APL.
Summary of duties/qualifications:
· Provide general troubleshooting and resolutions on VTC equipment (Crestron, AMX, secure switching)
· Performing alignment and calibration procedures to ensure AV/VTC systems are operating efficiently
· Conduct site surveys to establish AV/VTC equipment customer requirements, project lists of materials, and cost estimates
· 2+ years of experience with architecting and designing large -scale VTC solutions using technologies similar to Cisco, Acano, Tandberg, Lync.
· 1+ years of experience with troubleshooting carrier and various connectivity issues for TDM, and IP networking fundamentals, including subnetting, router login procedures and assignment of routing protocols.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
· Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio)
· Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.Back to Careers